Thursday, March 17, 2011

GDP/Equity Index chart status

I wish I could report that the GDP/Equity Index chart was ready to be deployed but unfortunately it's not quite finished. Yesterday I noticed an issue with how the data was structured and had to reformat 2 million + rows in the database. So I'm now targeting this weekend for the initial deployment.

Crazy movements going on in the markets right now. There are a bunch of charts that I wish were already up and running so I could better track what's happening. Isn't that the way life typically goes. On the other hand, I can say with some degree of certainty that this won't be last episode of economic volatility in my lifetime.

I'm also working on a gainers/losers charts and tables for different asset classes: commodities,US equities, global equity indexes, as well as one that spans all asset classes. That 10% gain in CAT won't seem so impressive if the majority of commodities are up 15+% on the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment